by Annie® Fold-Over Elastic (20mm) Parrot Blue
R30.00 incl VAT /m
Fold-over elastic provides a decorative finish to apparels, crafts, hairbands and more!
The elastic is shiny on one side and matte on the other to allow for flexibility in aesthetic and is creased along the center for easier folding and sewing. We especially love using fold-over elastic for finishing the edges of mesh fabric for pockets in purses and bags.
Not working with mesh? Fold-over elastic is perfect for finishing a neckline or wristbands on a special outfit. It also beautifully finishes the edges of diapers or diaper covers to securely fit your special baby.
20mm wide, nylon.
Available in 14 terrific colors.
NOTE: by Annie® fold-over elastic is latex-free and contains spandex.
IMPORTANT: Due to its elastic nature, fold-over elastic may shrink somewhat after coming off the roll. If you are cutting elastic for a project, we recommend adding about 10% to the cut piece to accommodate shrinkage. Alternatively, to accelerate the shrinkage, we recommend pressing the fold-over elastic with an iron set on low to medium heat BEFORE cutting the piece needed for the project to ensure that it will be the correct length.
View and download by Annie’s® helpful tutorial by clicking the blue button below:
37.8 in stock
Minimum quantity is 0.2
Sold in quantities of 0.1
Directions for use:
1. Choose the side that matches best. One side of fold-over elastic is extra shiny for a fashion finish. The other side features a matte finish for a more subtle finish.
2. Position the edges of fabric in center of fold-over elastic.
3. Fold elastic over raw edges and pin at beginning.
4. For smooth edges: Set the stitch to a straight stitch or a narrow, medium-length zig-zag. Carefully guide fabric and fold-over elastic under machine needle and stitch.
5. For gathered edge: Guide fabric and fold-over elastic with one hand as you stretch fold-over elastic tightly with other hand. Then straight or zig-zag stitch on edge of fold-over elastic, catching all layers.
Care and instructions:
Machine wash warm, do not bleach. Tumble dry at medium heat.